May 25, 2009

Paper Prototyping @ Usability Week

Hi,

last week I visited the Usability week 2009 in London and today I want to share with you my experience regarding paper prototyping.

On the last day we should work in groups to create a paper prototype in about 1 hour and then test this prototype with a person from another group. I have to say it was really fun and it worked really well. Especially we recognized how easy and FAST a design can be tested and improvements can be found.

In the following pictures you can see fast and creative work :-)



The topic of the paper prototype was part of a shop application where the user has the possibility to create a customized duvet.

In the following short video you can see the start of the test session and our favourite sentence "We are not testing you, we are testing the application".

Hopefully in the next days I have time to add more interesting topics related to the Usability Week.

Br, Claudia

1 comment:

  1. I love it... but I've never seen a paper prototyping session that isn't a little messy (papers everywhere, etc). Why not use Magnetic Prototyping (http://www.MagneticPrototyping.com). It's faster, looks more professional and great for the early stages of a project.
    Clients also love it in collaborative sessions.

    Anyways, that's what I use.

    -E

    ReplyDelete